Mirrors

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 08:10:46 PDT

The shakuhachi is a mirror. When you play it, your ears see.

What do they see? For me, mostly my desire for a really good
sound and my inability to live up to my own expectations.

The shakuhachi list is a mirror. Particularly at times like this,
when every sentinent being on the planet is deeply involved in
complex and conflicting emotions, this mirror is difficult to look
into, difficult to blow into (to stretch the shakuhachi as mirror
metaphor).

At their request, I will remove those who find this mirror too
painful to look into. I hope they will return at some point when
time puts some perspective on the events of the past few days.

and many thanks to everyone with the courage to come to the mirror.

bj

-