ash :: travelling with shakuhachi

From: wra@panix.com
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 05:28:13 PDT

Friday 2001/09/02: wakeup to sound of rain, occasional
sense of light...sound of thunder. didn't think to measure
the ma (delta => distance). [lightening down the chimney,
strike andiron, sight bright, sound SNAP!...no ma. no ma.]
[[we three kings from orient are...(patent pending)]]
"more zazen"...or just trying to establish solid pattern
of daily practice -- for some it comes easy, other not.
6am on cushion be. weather continues to present itself
as sightAndSound ("here i am, hello hello hello" ...
interesting zazen...i love you thinking of the
rain on the ground covered with ash "incident in lower
manhattan" (subway talk) "police action below canal"
(expressway announcement on portable GiveInfo device).
thinking of the rain falling on the ash...later think
of native peoples of very norther climes have many
words for snow, depending on it's state. in time
the ash from lower manhattan will be disbursed to
the four corners and in the ten directions...softly
weeping on my cushion...thinking of the rain falling
on the ash. thinking of the ash...animal, vegtable,
mineral...joshu pets a little puppy..."how much is
that doggy in the window[s of the world]"...thinking
of the ....rain falling on the ash in lower manhattan.
then what came next and next after that and today,
saturday the 22 of september, 6am again finds me
in that place...i find it difficult to establish
a regular practice routine. lacking collaborators
in the enterprise does...oh? cool....(context shift)::
  got an email that was just html...i "don't do"
html email but i was led to plop this one on a
website of mine, just to see if it would be easy.
it was easy. was on the streets with him once,
he told me a story of being with a guy (vietnam)
had his whole chest blown open but was still
alive, breathing, living the last few seconds
of his life in a place few of us will ever
know from the inside out (in this lifetime at
any rate (?))...anshin told of taking off his
field coat to cover the blown wide open chest
wound...gotta fix it...gotta save life...gotta...
NO NO NO ohohhhhhh...finally just taking this
dying brother in our arms, embracing...no hole...
no chest wound...holding close, so close, "no
separation"...story doesn't really end here...
doesn't really end...

Claude Anshin Thomas, vvg ("vietnam vet guy"):
http://www.cpx-ltd.com/guest/anshin_v2.html

more opw (other people's words):

You can add up the parts but you won't have the sum
You can strike up the march, there is no drum
Every heart, every heart to love will come but like a refugee.

. Ring the bells that still can ring
. Forget your perfect offering
. There is a crack, a crack in everything
. That's how the light gets in.
http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/album10.html#78

but like a refugee
but like a refugee