Re: temperature

From: Paul Donehue (p.donehue@student.qut.edu.au)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 18:51:26 PST

Greetings Stav,

I come from sunny Queensland, in the north of Australia, where it is warm
for a considerable part of the year. Alas, I appear to possess the capacity
to sound truly awful regardless of the raised tempreature, perhaps it is
just that you feel more comfortable and relaxed when it is warm?
On a more 'scientific' level, I seem to remember my teacher, Shigeru,
telling me that there is an optimum tempreature at which the shakuhachi is
more able to produce tones that are closer to the desired pitch. Perhaps
this a question which the more physics and acoustics literate folk out
there can shed more light on.

Paul Donehue