RE: Are you a Shakunewbie

From: Bud (bud@rajah.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 19:02:08 PST

In ancient Rome, we should recall that you could not become a member of t=
he
Senate until you were a 50-something... the reason being that the Romans
felt that younger people were still possessed by the daemons, gods or
goddesses... after 50 or so people assumed their own character and
identity... we can see this in the art of the period, portraits and
sculptures of younger people, even emperors, are essentially caricatures,
whereas the portraits of the patriarchs great show individuality...

Brett "Bud" Breitwieser (bud@rajah.com)
check out my zen site at http://rajah.com
or my tech support site at http://rajah.net
walking, greens, and my recumbent trike at http://rajah.ws