Re: Report: Tokyo Shakuhachi Summit

From: Sandra and Alcvin Ramos (ramos@telus.net)
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 04:43:56 PDT

Thank you Ronnie for the wonderful summary of the Shakuhachi Summit in
Tokyo! I was very sad to not be able to attend it this time having
attended the first two in Bisei and Boulder. It is TRULY a magical
experience when so many shakuhachi people get together in one space and
time.

At the risk of rocking the boat about the next Shakuhachi Festival
projection in NY, I also propose the festival be held in Vancouver, BC
in the summertime. The beauty of this area is unsupassed, facilities are
close by, and the price with the Canadian dollar is not so hard on the
pocket book. Also, it's easy for Japanese to come since we're only a
short plane ride across the ocean.

Please consider my suggestion. Thanks, Peter for the beautiful link to
Phil Sudo's Zen Guitar and congratulations as well for your achievement
at the Shin Jin O this year. The timing of the two events must have been
absolutely ecstatic!

Yoroshiku onegai itashimasu,

Alcvin Ramos