Zen Flute in VA

From: Dan Gutwein (dfgutw@wm.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 10:22:53 PDT

--=====================_8990267==_.ALT

Hi all,

You may be aware that this fall Ronnie Nyogetsu Seldin is our Artist in
Residence at the College of William and Mary (Williamsburg, VA).
We're offering a new 1-credit course called Zen Flute for Beginners in
conjunction with his residency. Well,
yesterday I received an email from a young Japanese woman (Momoki Miura),
who came to William and Mary to teach Japanese. How ironic it is that she
also discovered that she could begin studying shakuhachi in Virginia, the
southern US of all places! In my reply to her, I told her that the rest of
us in the class would probably learn a great deal from her and that it
would be a wonderful experience for us all. Here is her reply.

Dan Gutwein

At 06:43 AM 9/3/2002 +0900, you wrote:
>Thank you so much for your kindness.
>I am so excited to take your class.
>
>Actually, I forgot to tell you about me.
>I am not a native speaker of English.
>Is that OK?
>I think that I might not understand what you say in the class immediately.
>I came to this college to teach Japanese this time as I am a Japanese
>teacher in my country.
>I am also a Japanese tutor in Japanese house on campus.
>One of my student in the house told me about you and your class.
>And I thought I really wanted to join your class and I will have great
>experience there.
>
>I will see you on the class.
>Thank you so much for your kindness.
>Momo

Dan Gutwein, Associate Professor
Department of Music
College of William and Mary
Williamsburg, VA 23185-8795
office: (757) 221-1077, cell: (240) 481-2787
fax. (757) 221-3171, email: dfgutw@wm.edu or dfgutw@prodigy.net
homepage - http://www.wm.edu/CAS/music/gutwein
Introduction to Electro-acoustic Music (MUS181) -
http://www.wm.edu/CAS/music/gutwein/mus181.htm
Shakuhachi Links by Category -
http://www.wm.edu/CAS/music/gutwein/Shakuhachi/links.htm
Zen Flute for Beginners -
http://www.wm.edu/CAS/music/gutwein/Shakuhachi/WMshakuhachi.htm
--=====================_8990267==_.ALT

Hi all,<br><br>
You may be aware that this fall Ronnie Nyogetsu Seldin is our Artist in
Residence at the College of William and Mary (Williamsburg, VA).<br>
We're offering a new 1-credit course called Zen Flute for Beginners in
conjunction with his residency. Well,<br>
yesterday I received an email from a young Japanese woman (Momoki Miura),
who came to William and Mary to teach Japanese.&nbsp; How ironic it is
that she also discovered that she could begin studying shakuhachi in
Virginia, the southern US of all places!&nbsp; In my reply to her, I told
her that the rest of us in the class would probably learn a great deal
from her and that it would be a wonderful experience for us all.&nbsp;
Here is her reply.<br><br>
Dan Gutwein<br><br>
At 06:43 AM 9/3/2002 +0900, you wrote:<br>
your kindness.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
class immediately.</font><br>
Japanese teacher in my country.</font><br>
campus.</font><br>
class.</font><br>
have great experience there.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Music&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
College of William and Mary <br>
Williamsburg, VA 23185-8795&nbsp; <br>
(757) 221-1077,&nbsp; cell: (240) 481-2787<br>
(757) 221-3171,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
dfgutw@wm.edu&nbsp;&nbsp; or&nbsp; dfgutw@prodigy.net<br>
Electro-acoustic Music (MUS181) -
</i><a href="