Holiday Potluck 12/28

From: Ronald Nelson (ron@komuso.com)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 13:17:54 PST

The International Shakuhachi Society will be holding its first annual
Holiday Party on December 28th. This will be an opportunity for anyone
in the SF Bay Area around this time to meet other players and share the
joys and frustrations of the shakuhachi. There will be a pot luck and
open recital. The potluck is not structured, please bring whatever you
like. Please also let me know if you'd like to perform a piece and I'll
make sure to reserve a slot for you. We'll start the show off by having
everyone place Choshi so please bring your flutes (I'll bring copies of
the score). I'll also bring some odds and ends from the ISS collection
for people to browse. Feel free to bring flutes or CDs to sell or
trade.

Of course friends, family, and anyone who wants to see the show is
welcome to drop in.

When: Dec 28th 5pm-8pm
Where: Naka-9 Studio
5221 Central Ave, Unit 9, Richmond CA
Bring a chair or pillow to sit on, the studio is pretty bare.

Take 80 or 580 to the central exit. From 80 go left, then
right immediately after the overpass onto central, soon thereafter
turn right into the studio complex. From 580 take the central exit
and head east, turn left onto central just before reaching the I80
overpass.

I'm also pleased to announce that Riley Lee will be visiting the Bay
Area on June 6-11, 2003. We are still planning the details, but are
hoping for private lessons, workshops on shakuhachi and taiko, a
concert.

Its been a long time since we've all been together, I look forward to
seeing everyone,
    Ron