Re: Black lacquered Shakuhachi

From: Peter Ross (peteross@cloudhandsmusic.com)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 20:12:36 PDT

>Dominic,

Masayuki Koga has several shakuhachi that he lengthened and then
lacquered on the outside with black Urushi to cover the repair work.
I think Akikasu Nakamura has one too. I think it's just cosmetic,
though some might say it protects against cracking. Looks cool.

Peter

--
Peter Ross
http://www.cloudhandsmusic.com