Re: More on acoustics

From: KYOSEI1@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 10:17:49 PDT

-------------------------------1063732669

Just one more comment on the acoustics. The present period in Soto Zen
Training is a 90 day period call "Ango." During this time the Zen student
intensifies the study efforts and tries to deepen the practice. As part of my studies at
this time, the abbot assigns an art project. This fall's project is the
expression of one's inexpressible sense of your own self-expression through an art
form. For me it's the Shakuhachi. The process is compositional effort after
sitting in Zazen for an extended period of time. So it's just sit, then play,
then put it on paper.

All the physics and all the math will not help to get it done but would any
of you more experienced players and teachers have ideas on how to get it on
paper after the inspiration has played itself out.

Much thanks,

in Gassho

Phil Kyosei Kolman

Kyosei1@AOL.COM

-------------------------------1063732669

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffff=
f">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman Special G1">Just one more comment on the=20=
acoustics. The present period in Soto Zen Training is a 90 day period call "=
Ango." During this time the Zen student intensifies the study efforts and tr=
ies to deepen the practice. As part of my studies at this time, the abbot as=
signs an art project. This fall's project is the expression of one's inexpre=
ssible sense of your own self-expression through&nbsp;an art form. For me it=
's the Shakuhachi. The process is compositional effort&nbsp;after sitting in=
 Zazen for an extended period of time. So it's just sit, then play, then put=
 it on paper. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman Special G1"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman Special G1">All the physics and all the m=
ath will not help to get it done but would any of you more experienced playe=
rs and teachers have ideas on how to get it on paper after the inspiration h=
as played itself out.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman Special G1">Much thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman Special G1">in Gassho</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman Special G1"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman Special G1">Phil Kyosei Kolman</FONT></DI=

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman Special G1"><A href=3D"mailto:Kyosei1@AOL=
.COM">Kyosei1@AOL.COM</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>