Re: 2 many mailing lists?

From: Johntcoker@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 11:18:50 PDT

--part1_149.194d4293.2ca33a0a_boundary

bj,

I 2nd your remarks. I've an interest in "everything shakuhachi", though the
strictly technical/scientific stuff is quite secondary. I joined up for the
tech discussion, but would really like it if, rather than separate lists, we
could have it all on different threads on one list. I agree that that approach
would make it much simpler for people to get shak related information and
conversation - whatever their main "angle" of interest. But, if "splits"
continue, then I'll have to sign up for the "spiritually oriented" list, too. As I'm
an avid "shakist" I don't want to miss anything, any perspective, any thoughts
or experience on shakuhachi.

But....... there's always that good old Delete key at my fingertips, for when
any message on any thread isn't of much interest to me. I can simply check
the heading, or the name of the sender - if I so choose - and either skim that
message, or even flat out delete it without checking it out.

My vote's for wholeness, and I'll simply skim/skip the stuff that I find of
too little interest to me.

jt coker

--part1_149.194d4293.2ca33a0a_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#ffffff"><FONT SIZE=3D2=
 FAMILY=3D"DECORATIVE" FACE=3D"Tempus Sans ITC" LANG=3D"0">bj,
<BR>
<BR>I 2nd your remarks. &nbsp;I've an interest in "everything shakuhachi", t=
hough the strictly technical/scientific stuff is quite secondary. &nbsp;I jo=
ined up for the tech discussion, but would really like it if, rather than se=
parate lists, we could have it all on different threads on one list. &nbsp;I=
 agree that that approach would make it much simpler for people to get shak=20=
related information and conversation - whatever their main "angle" of intere=
st. &nbsp;But, if "splits" continue, then I'll have to sign up for the "spir=
itually oriented" list, too. &nbsp;As I'm an avid "shakist" I don't want to=20=
miss anything, any perspective, any thoughts or experience on shakuhachi. &n=
bsp;
<BR>
<BR>But....... there's always that good old Delete key at my fingertips, for=
 when <I>any</I> message on <I>any</I> thread isn't of much interest to me.=20=
&nbsp;I can simply check the heading, or the name of the sender - if I so ch=
oose - and either skim that message, or even flat out delete it without chec=
king it out. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>My vote's for wholeness, and I'll simply skim/skip the stuff that I find=
 of too little interest to me.
<BR>
<BR>jt coker</FONT></HTML>

--part1_149.194d4293.2ca33a0a_boundary--