Re: cheap root culms!

From: Rich Powers (rpowers@stanford.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 31 2003 - 15:36:19 PST

--=====================_24433864==.ALT

Gene,

Frank's Supply just might also be the material source for all the would-be
komuso who want to make their own tengai--lots of cane, rush, and rattan.

Rich

At 05:06 PM 10/31/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey, all you dumb new shakuhachi beginners - like I am - if you want to
>just play around making a shakuhahci, or practice doing the same, I've
>found just the place for you and me!
>
>I recently bought a really fine quality Chiba madake root culm, and am
>making my first serious shakuhachi out of it. But, just to have some
>bamboo I could practice on and such, I bought four root culms from
><http://www.franksupply.com/>http://www.franksupply.com/ at a whoppin'
>$3.95 each.
>
>And guess what! They're not bad at all! I wish I could post a picture
>here to show you! You could definitely make a respectable shakuhachi out
>of any one of them, and one is so good I AM going to turn it into a shakuhachi!
>
>And, at $3.95 a pop, you can buy a half dozen!
>
>Have fun!
>
>Dr. Gene Neill
><http://www.shakuhachi.ws>www.shakuhachi.ws

--=====================_24433864==.ALT

Gene,<br><br>
Frank's Supply just might also be the material source for all the
would-be komuso who want to make their own tengai--lots of cane, rush,
and rattan.<br><br>
Rich<br><br>
At 05:06 PM 10/31/2003 -0500, you wrote:<br>
beginners - like I am - if you want to just play around making a
shakuhahci, or practice doing the same, I've found just the place for you
and me!<br>
&nbsp;<br>
I recently bought a really fine quality Chiba madake root culm, and am
making my first serious shakuhachi out of it.&nbsp; But, just to have
some bamboo I could practice on and such, I bought four root culms from
a whoppin' $3.95 each.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
And guess what!&nbsp; They're not bad at all!&nbsp; I wish I could post a
picture here to show you!&nbsp; You could definitely make a respectable
shakuhachi out of any one of them, and one is so good I AM going to turn
it into a shakuhachi!<br>
&nbsp;<br>
And, at $3.95 a pop, you can buy a half dozen!<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Have fun!<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Dr. Gene Neill<br>