Re: cheap root culms!

From: Gene (oldmanriver@alltel.net)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 05:05:50 PST

Isaac, you and Duke are never going to comprehend the most basic precepts of
Zen.

Old Watazumi-Do is laughing his head off at you two from some place -
remember? - the guy who played concerts with shakuhahci made by a
13-year-old boy out of an old bamboo clothes pole! And some little girl
whipped up a shakuhachi for him, immediately before a recital, and when he
got up on stage and blew through it, sawdust flew out. He hadn't even tried
prior to the concert. Yet he enthralled his audience with it.

You got "robbed", Isaac? Robbed twice?

Or were you looking for something for nothing, and disappainted when you
didn't get a $300 culm for $3.95?

You guys don't get it at all.

Franks has a written guarantee on his web site. He guarantees you the
bamboo will be crooked and split and cracked and not worth much for any
purpose, and not returnable. That's why he gives the stuff away for
nothing, Isaac!

I bought my four culms solely for purposes of having a bunch of bamboo on
which I could practice making utaguchi and nakatsuge and practice with some
ji/urushi and Epoxy/filler compound and such.

I'm not like you two.

I wasn't looking for something for nothing.

I knew it was going to be junk bamboo before I ordered it, because Franks
guarantees you it will be! I went in with the right attitude. You two did
not.

But, when my culms arrived and I found that two of them were easily worth
working into shakuhachi, and when I wanted to share that fun with you guys,
you citicize me, and tell the world how Franks "robbed" you.

What a pity you're missing so much fun.

Gene