Re: Kyo Rei notation

From: Gene (oldmanriver@alltel.net)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 14:59:02 PST

No, Bruce, thank you very much, I'm not REALLY "studying Kinko" yet, in the
real sense of that verb. But Phil Gelb tells me Kyo Rei is the best (read:
"easiest") place to start, so I want to give it a real good whirl.

I learned early in my 69-year musical-study career, there are very few
pieces a man CANNOT learn, if he just takes each selection one note at a
time.

Kinda' like life itself, huh!

Ken LaCosse just kindly sent me some Kinko notation for this piece, but
there are a few symbols there I don't recognize yet. I reckon what I REALLY
need is some western notation for it so I can cheat a little here in the
beginning!

Or is there a CD containing Kyo Rei? Surely there must be!

Anybody know?

Thank you very much!

gene