Re: urushi

From: Mark Millonas (millonas@email.arc.nasa.gov)
Date: Thu Nov 20 2003 - 16:22:29 PST

At 10:52 AM 11/21/2003 +1100, you wrote:
So thats ordinary paint pigment that would be added to alklyd "enamel" or
acrylic paints, that can be mixed with shellac / ethanol?

Yes --- I was surprised too. But you can ask the guy at the hardware
store paint counter for advice.
It worked beautifully for me. It's at the very least a colloidal
suspension, or something even worse, and
settles pretty quickly so you have to shake mix before application. The
results were perfect for me.
The main thing as I mentioned is no to exceed the recommended amount of
tint. If you don't
the integrity of the shellac will be maintained. It's cheap, so you can
try it out on something you don't care about
to make sure first.