RE: Tuners

From: Brett Breitwieser (brett@bigskyranch.us)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 13:19:36 PST

Yeah, I was working for awhile as a clinical hyptnotherapist in California
for awhile, part of my practice was working with artists with mental
blocks... one guy was a musician who played great as a solo act but was
having real trouble playing in a group... then I noticed that when he was
playing in a group, he was always looking up for acknowledgement and cuing
from the other players. He was by nature a musician who was quite successful
as long as he stayed in his audio channel... as soon as he moved into his
visual channel, he "lost it"... I told him to keep his eyes closed and he
had no trouble playing in a group from then on... ;*)

Different folks tend to have different "dominant channels": visual,
auditory, tactile etc. Not surprisingly, most musicians are dominant in the
audio channel. ;*) I have real trouble reading and writing without
muttering under my breath so to speak... ;*) I listen to books on tape or
watch movies (with the sound turned up) instead... thank the gods for modern
multimedia technology!

Brett Breitwieser ( zen@arizuma.us <mailto:zen@arizuma.us> )
Arizuma Zen
http://arizuma.us

"The clouds evaporate in the cold sky.
The autumn has departed and the mountain is barren.
This is where we originally dwell." -Hongzhi