[Shaku] more thought on daimeri ro (daimeso) - the decent volume as a goal

From: Tsunhin John Wong (thjwong@hkusua.hku.hk)
Date: Mon Feb 16 2004 - 22:42:14 PST

Dear all,

        I'm still working on my daimeri ro (pronouncing a lower C on a D
flute with all fingerhole closed)
        I used the following approaches as suggested: changing my
embouchure, opening my throat widely inside, bringing the lower lip as
close to the back of utaguchi as possible, lowering my head
        I can juz occasionally make it out and I found it difficult to
sustain it. it is also very soft and it can be hardly audible some time...
        May I ask if someone can provide me the decent volume of daimeri
ro so that I can practise toward this volume as my goal? Also, any further
suggestion on practising or achieving it better is welcome!!!
        Thank you very much!

Regards,
        John