[Shaku] Riley Lee Weekend in San Francisco

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 10:55:44 PDT

As you know (or may be happy to learn), Riley Lee will grace the
San Francisco Bay Area with his presence for the weekend of June
18-20. He will perform a concert at Clarion Music (816 Sacramento
St. SF) on Friday evening at 8:00. Tickets for the concert are
$15, and available through Clarion (415/391-1317)

On Friday and Saturday, Riley will give private lessons. These can
be scheduled with Karl Young (kyoung@itsa.ucsf.edu).

On Saturday evening Riley will hold a group class. The topic has yet
to be decided but possible topics include Minyo (Japanese folk music),
which Riley will also be teaching in Boulder, or techniques for
shakuhachi improvisation. We're still open to suggestions.

These group classes are open to anyone, regardless of whether or not
you might be taking a private lesson from Riley.

If you think you would like to come to the Saturday evening affair,
please contact me. Address and phone numbers below.

Riley will be traveling to Santa Rosa on Sunday.

Hope to see some or all of you that weekend.

More details as they become available.

bj

-
Bruce Jones
CommWeb Meister/Resident Nerd
Department of Communication
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, Ca. 92093-0503
(858) 534-0417/4410 FAX (858) 534-7315

Personal and Research Email: bjones@ucsd.edu
http://communication.ucsd.edu/bjones/index.html