Re: [Shaku] It's a shakuhachi, not a shak!

From: Stav Tapuch (tapuch@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 07:20:57 PDT

I totally realte to this comment.

My friends refer to my shakuhachi as a "shaka-hoochie" all the time - as =
a=20
playful joke. Some also call it my "shak-shoka" wish happens to also be =
the=20
name of a delicious Moroccan egg dish.

I find saying "shakuhachi" a bit pretentious to people round here, so I m=
ost=20
often just call it a flute.