Re: [Shaku] Roots Pilgrimage part 2

From: Perry Yung (yungflutes@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 25 2004 - 21:27:53 PST

 Hey Al,
Thanks for your post.
I too was taken by the spiritual depth of Meanji.
For those interested in seeing the very images Alcvin
describes so well below, just click the link to my
Japan Gallery.
 http://www.yungflutes.com/html_pages/about_page.html

Peace to all in the new year,
 Perry

Within the main shrine was a
> sculpted effigy of
> Kichiku, the legendary "first Komuso" and founder of
> Meian-Ji; as well
> as several pictures and photos of historical
> shakuhachi personas. The
> temple, although relatively small was in wonderful
> shape, clean and
> glowing with life. All around the temple were well
> manicured
> moss-gardens with trimmed pine and maple trees who's
> branches were
> controlled by bamboo poles and rock weights tied to
> various sections of
> the boughs; and wooden poles placed under certain
> branches to
> facilitate upward growth.

=====
"He is fast becoming one of the few Americans who make and repair shakuhachi" - Ronnie Nyogetsu Seldin, Grandmaster
http://www.yungflutes.com
"Three extremely talented young Asian American men." - New York Times
http://www.slantperformancegroup.com