[Shaku] Bamboo

From: macshute2@aol.com
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 11:20:32 PDT

--part1_105.60a8466f.2fb103f0_boundary

Hi All,
I have a question on bamboo and insects. I was in Hawaii on the Big Island
and talk to someone who had made blinds out of bamboo for there home. They
indicated that bamboo had now been approved for use in buildings on Kauai, but
not the Big Island yet. Their problem was after making the blinds out of bamboo
they had harvested, they started finding dust/powder, from some unknown
beast/bug gnawing from somewhere inside. She said it tended to be a problem on
their island. Has anyone observed this? Is it a problem for shakuhachi? Her
question was does anyone know how to prevent it?
   Malcolm

--part1_105.60a8466f.2fb103f0_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Hi All,<BR>
I have a question on bamboo and insects.&nbsp; I was in Hawaii on the Big Is=
land and talk to someone who had made blinds out of bamboo for there home.&n=
bsp; They indicated that bamboo had now been approved for use in buildings o=
n Kauai, but not the Big Island yet.&nbsp; Their problem was after making th=
e blinds out of bamboo they had harvested, they started finding dust/powder,=
 from some unknown beast/bug gnawing from somewhere inside.&nbsp; She said i=
t tended to be a problem on their island.&nbsp; Has anyone observed this?&nb=
sp; Is it a problem for shakuhachi?&nbsp; Her question was does anyone know=20=
how to prevent it?<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Malcolm</FONT></HTML>

--part1_105.60a8466f.2fb103f0_boundary--