Re: [Shaku] List Moderation

From: Alex Williams (alex.williams@gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 14:41:29 PDT

Re: embouchure and tone

Vocal instructors often use visual images to explain or induce
physical changes that otherwise are unconscious or that cannot be
controlled consciously within the throat, mouth and larynx and I too
have found this kind of imagery that Peter mentions to be very useful.
I have also been following advice from someone on this list (sorry for
forgetting exactly who) to blow RO for 10 to 30 minutes at the
beginning of a parctice/play session, and it has done more for my
playing and hearing than any other single exercise! What resource this
list is.

Thanks to you all.