Re: [Shaku] Shakuhachi and "The Elements"

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 13:31:54 PDT

>At 11:24 AM 5/18/2005, Bill wrote:
>Sorry to add a "procedure" point again, but if "screening" messages
>for the list elimanates ALL of the message we're responding to,
>how is anyone going to know what the sender is talking about?

The difference is between doing what I've done here, and only
including the relevant parts of the message being responded to, and
forwarding all of every responded-to message back to the list.

The first is useful contextualizing. While the latter might also
provide some context, it adds an incredible amount of bulk to the
digests and the archives, particularly when so many people have it
turned on by default.

I realize that it takes a bit more time to intersperse your comments
with the pared-down text you're responding to, and I appreciate folks
taking that time.

So do the digest readers.

bj

-