[Shaku] Re: shakuhachi V1 #937

From: RbtJonas@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 04 2005 - 10:54:55 PDT

--part1_5b.709661f2.304c8eef_boundary

To Ronnie,

Thanks for giving us a glimpse of your love for, and escape from, a
devastated New Orleans. I'm glad to hear that you're safe. I'm guessing that we in
the shakuhachi community (and the music community in general) will do what we
can to help the victims of the hurricane and floods, and that images of the
suffering, the anarchy and the many compassionate acts will also affect our
approach to the shakuhachi.
     Unfortunately, if the current scientific consensus is correct, the
global climate change that results from burning fossil fuels may bring many such
wild and damaging climatic events. Perhaps we as a nation will now find the
political and economic will to move more quickly to a sustainable economy based
on alternative energy sources. May the breath of the shakuhachi help power
the sails of this new vision.

Peace,
Jonas

--part1_5b.709661f2.304c8eef_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"New=
 York" FAMILY=3D"SERIF" SIZE=3D"2">To Ronnie,<BR>
<BR>
Thanks for giving us a glimpse of your love for, and escape from, a devastat=
ed New Orleans.&nbsp; I'm glad to hear that you're safe.&nbsp; I'm guessin=
g that we in the shakuhachi community (and the music community in general) w=
ill do what we can to help the victims of the hurricane and floods, and that=
 images of the suffering, the anarchy and the many compassionate acts will a=
lso affect our approach to the shakuhachi.&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Unfortunately, if the current scientific consensus=20=
is correct, the global climate change that results from burning fossil fuels=
 may bring many such wild and damaging climatic events.&nbsp; Perhaps we as=
 a nation will now find the political and economic will to move more quickly=
 to a sustainable economy based on alternative energy sources.&nbsp; May th=
e breath of the shakuhachi help power the sails of this new vision.<BR>
<BR>
Peace,<BR>
Jonas</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"New York" FAMILY=3D"SERIF" SIZE=
=3D"2"></FONT></HTML>

--part1_5b.709661f2.304c8eef_boundary--