Re: [Shaku] Shakuhachi tuning

From: Tuscia-Falconer <falconer@enternet.co.nz>
Date: Tue Jan 10 2006 - 16:46:35 PST

Thankyou Ken,
Did you mean 'holistically' as a pun ?

It is interesting to see replies that begin with the first hole rather than
the fifth, however, I can't see the difference if we drill all the holes
first, then do the fine tuning, that is, what is the difference between
starting from hole 1 or from hole 5 ?
It seems like the concept is that you can't fine tune until all the holes
are drilled !.....you can't tune each hole as you go.

Appreciate the comment regarding a curve, I have a small 420mm that curves
throughout and it has a powerful sound and good tuning.

Kel.