Re: [Shaku] Shakuhachi tuning

From: edBeaty <edosano@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 09:47:56 PST

To all who are interested:

I have a short (4 page) treatise written by John Kaizan Neptune which
he handed out at a maker workshop at the '98 Festival in Boulder.
Anyone who has played any Neptune flutes knows that he gets it right.

Three pages of text, one diagram showing 'pressure points' within the
bore, and the pitches they generally affect.

I'd be happy to scan it and attach it to interested parties
off-list--just ask. Or perhaps I can get it to bj for posting (bj?).

John is an inveterate and untreatable punster, which should make Kel
happy; the title of the picec:

'An Interesting Bore'

eB