[Shaku] Photos of Shakuhachi Roots Pilgrimage 2005

From: Darren Stone <dstone@verrus.com>
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 11:20:09 PST

Hi all. This is my first posting to the list (though I've lurked for a =
year now). As a quick intro... I'm Darren, I live in Vancouver, Canada, =
and I'm a student of honkyoku on jinashi shakuhachi under Alcvin =
Takegawa Ramos.

Hopefully you've all read Al's heart-felt journals of our travels late =
last year to Japan -- I'd like to share images to go along with it.

Note: There are a lot of photos in this gallery (hundreds, actually) and =
some will have nothing to do with shakuhachi, but there are plenty of =
shots of harvesting, burning, shakuhachi monks, teachers, makers, =
players, etc. that I think it may be of interest to some here.

http://bitmason.com/photo/japan2005

I'd like to publicly thank Al for organizing the whole crazy, wonderful =
trip, and thank Jane Kilthau, Ramona Taylor, and Randall Anctil who were =
my travel companions for three weeks.=20

And thanks to everyone who contributes to this list, creating such a =
useful and genuine community online.

Darren Stone.