[Shaku] Kaoru Kakizakai Shakuhachi Concert in Seattle today

From: David Wheeler <shakudavid@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jun 27 2006 - 05:41:22 PDT

--Apple-Mail-3--841292586
        charset=US-ASCII;
        format=flowed

Greetings Shakists and Music Lovers,
For those of you who missed it, we had a great time at the 8th
Shakuhachi Summer Camp of the Rockies over the weekend, with beautiful
blowing, shakuhachi repair, meditation and body work,
There is a cool shakuhachi concert at All Pilgrims Church in Seattle
tonight. Please attend if you can and forward this info to anyone
interested.
Kaoru Kakizakai, a killer player who I just finished teaching
Shakuhachi Summer Camp of the Rockies is doing this concert. He has a
phenomenal bravura sound that is enhanced by rich lyricism and a
beautiful sense of melody. The concert will include classical blow your
mind Zen works as well as lyrical 20th century stuff and others. Tokyo
shakuhachi master and musicologist Chris Blasdel, who was also teaching
at camp, and who is hanging out here before heading to Texas, agreed
with me that Kakizakai is one of the best players in Japan today; not
to be missed!
Also playing in this concert will be Peter Hill (shakuhachi) with
Mitsuki Dazai (koto).

The Shakuhachi of Kaoru Kakizakai
Tuesday, June 27, 2006, 7PM
All Pilgrims Church
500 E. Broadway, Seattle (Broadway and Republican)
http://www.allpilgrims.org/
Admission $15/Seniors and Students $10 (ridiculously cheap!)
Contact Peter Hill (206-276-4802)

cheers,
david

David Wheeler
Musician (Shakuhachi)/Musicologist
3660 Buckeye Ct., Boulder, CO, USA 80304
Tel./Fax 303-449-2935
shakudavid@gmail.com

--Apple-Mail-3--841292586
        charset=US-ASCII

[...]