Re: air density

From: Stav Tapuch (tapuch@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 23:17:25 PST

>From this last letter I understand that it is a tired topic to talk about
why shakuhachi music is such a neglected art in Japan - but I, as a
newcomer, would be very interested in hearing why this is so.

Is it merely because the western, modern flute is just more efficient
at making music, or is the shakuhachi just a victim in a greater
cultural war?

But any student of person above the age of 30 will tell you that
peoples' cultural tastes are very cyclical. One day there will be a
dramatic rennaisance of traditional arts in Japan