Concerts in Portland Oregon

From: joel taylor (joeltaylor@attbi.com)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 13:06:32 PDT

>Message to joel taylor <joeltaylor@attbi.com > and everyone.

>Joel, I'm
>interested in your avant garde context for shakuhachi, but I can't tell from
>your email what city you're in.

>Robert
>
>Robert A. Jonas, Ed.D., Director
>The Empty Bell

Hi Robert,
I'm sorry, apologies to the list, i spaced it out in my
announcement...both of my concerts are taking place in Portland,
Oregon.

The first one is tonight at Disjecta, 116 NE Russell, I'll be on
around 11:15 or 11:30 pm. I'll be playing shakuhachi, suling and
serge analog synthesizer, with Evidence, a laptop duo from NY, and
dancer Linda Austin. Doors open for the 1st act at 10pm.

the 2nd concert, which is an outdoor noon hour concert in downtown
Portland's Pioneer Square, will be a solo concert and feature both
electro-acoustic improvisation, and "new honkyoku improvisation" and
some of the simpler standard honkyoku pieces and some folk songs.

All my best,
I'll try to do better with any upcoming announcements...
Assuming the list wants to see such.

joel

--
Joel G. Taylor