Re: Black lacquered Shakuhachi

From: eurydice (eurydice@cruzio.com)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 18:49:36 PDT

It's interesting that the blacks shakuhachis you two are discussing are
two-piece flutes. My Meiji-era flute is a one piece rootend 1.7, and is
lacquered inside and out. All black. Very mysterious in appearance, and in
sound. I have plans to go and play in the Paris metro stations with it, and
utilize that great tile echo to accentuate its own echoey "in a pineforest
at night after a rain" qualities.