Re: Blowing shakuhachi & pain...

From: a.kronsteiner (a.kronsteiner@t-online.de)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 11:33:14 PDT

Hi Stav,
I am in a similar position as you are, when it comes to dizzy-spells. I
startet learning a few month ago, and still I get so dizzy sometimes,
that I have to concentrate not to faint. I think this is a matter of low
bloodpreasure, at least for me. I found if I am breathing in very
slowly, filling my lngs and dont use all the air to play, instead leave
some for the brain as well, I have somewhat of a controll over the
situation.
I dont have the problem like you have with the teeth and the high notes,
but what I do get a lot of cramps in my finger . Giving them a good
shake helps getting them back into working order.
Alexander