Re: [sfbayshakuhachi] The 4th International Shakuhachi Festival

From: Ronnie Nyogetsu Seldin (Nyogetsu@nyc.rr.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 17:38:29 PST

> Im interested in the 4th shakuhachi conference in new york. I'll check the
> website. I attended the first one in boulder and somehow missed the info on
> the last 2: where were they held and when? Just curious.
> Pat Miller

Hi Pat,

Maybe I can help explain.

The first International Shakuhachi Conference was held in Bissei-Cho
(Okayama), Japan in 1994. The one that you attended in Boulder, Colorado,
was #2 and was held in 1998 . Last year's conference #3 (July 2002) was held
in Tokyo. It was called the Tokyo Symposium.

We are looking forward to continuing the tradition in Nyc, this Summer (July
29-Aug.1) , in what is looking to be the largest Festival yet. We have 63
instructor/performers coming from many different countries.

The registration information should be completed within the next few weeks,
and there will be a 10% "early Registration" discount. We will also have a
finite amount of Air-conditioned rooms ($45- per night), and
un-Air-conditioned rooms ($35-) in NYU Dorms (tax included). They will be
given out on a first-come-first serve basis.

Kintetsu International is taking care of groups of Shakuhachi players who
will be coming from Japan. Kurahashi Yoshio Sensei will be handling this.
Those from Japan can reach him at: <mujuan@nifty.com>

If you , or anyone else has any questions please contact me at:
nyogetsu@nyogetsu.com
, and if you haven't done so already, please take a look at our website:
www.BigAppleShak.com

Looking forward to seeing you all,
Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin
Website: www.nyogetsu.com