[Shaku] FWD from Gene

From: IieoOoeiI@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 16:45:34 PST

Konbanwa, to the shakuhachi=A0list:

=A0

Someone posted something on the list about me recently, and I responded w=
ith my own post.

=A0

And, instinctively, from my years as a fighting United States Marine and =
a criminal courtroom brawler and other unthinkable biographical environme=
nts - I now realize to my shame=A0I over responded.=A0

=A0

Significantly.=A0

=A0

I hit back with just about as much sarcasm and sting as I could.

=A0

And then someone else piped up, and then another and another, and I whipp=
ed back with=A0a large portion indeed of=A0my senile old crotchety 73-yea=
r-old fury.=A0 These=A0years of steroids=A0- the only things which keep m=
e alive today - give me a whole lot more zeal than brains.

=A0

Whence I appropriately was stripped of my rank, my saber broken, and I wa=
s drummed off the list.

=A0

And that's well, as they say.

=A0

Except it leaves something of a haunting pall over all of us and our belo=
ved shakuhachi.=A0 What sort of dumb dharma is this?=A0 And who ever want=
s any curtain wring down on a sour note.

=A0

So I wish to apologize to all the list, most sincerely indeed.=A0 Hontou-=
ni moushiwake-gozaimasen.=A0 Gomen-nasai.

=A0

I would like to be back on the list, with a significantly more bridled to=
ngue, I assure you, but that option=A0is certainly not a condition of thi=
s apology.

=A0

I'm sorry.

=A0