Re: [Shaku] Bore measuring gages

From: HeirPhoto@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 19:59:27 PDT

--part1_1c7.17c15bd7.2daf548f_boundary

I have been making some flutes over the last few years mostly suited for solo
playing but lately have been more interested in working the bore a lot more
to refine the sound. I was in the process of making a set of gages to measure
the bore and was wondering of any others on the list would be interested in
sets like this?

I do a lot of machine work and could make multiple sets if there was enough
interest. I realize this is kind of specialized but maybe there are others out
there experimenting. I know Mejiro sells similar items but these would be a
bit more accessible and possibly priced a good bit better.

Thanks,
Tony Miller

Haunting Winds Shakuhachi ~ Japanese Bamboo Flutes
The Tintype Artist ~ Contemporary Wet Plate Collodion Photography
Vintage Land Rovers

--part1_1c7.17c15bd7.2daf548f_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I have been making some flutes over=
 the last few years mostly suited for solo playing but lately have been more=
 interested in working the bore a lot more to refine the sound. I was in the=
 process of making a set of gages to measure the bore and was wondering of a=
ny others on the list would be interested in sets like this?<BR>
<BR>
I do a lot of machine work and could make multiple sets if there was enough=20=
interest. I realize this is kind of specialized but maybe there are others o=
ut there experimenting. I know Mejiro sells similar items but these would be=
 a bit more accessible and possibly priced a good bit better.<BR>
<BR>
Thanks,<BR>
Tony Miller<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Haunting Winds Shakuhachi ~ Japanese Bamboo Flutes<BR>
The Tintype Artist ~ Contemporary Wet Plate Collodion Photography<BR>
Vintage Land Rovers</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1c7.17c15bd7.2daf548f_boundary--