Re: [Shaku] Warning to traveling Shakuhachists

From: KYOSEI1@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 07:13:53 PST

-------------------------------1106666032

An easy fix is to have Customs do a pre declaration for your instruments
before leaving and carry the signed off form with you. If you have a problem,
the signature of the Customs inspector goes a long way.

I had my Shakuhachi go through the bomb sniffing machine, had an argument
with TSA about unwrapping it, they finally agreed to allow me to direct them in
the unpacking of the instrument and finally playing it for them.

Kyosei

-------------------------------1106666032

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2523" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>An easy fix is to have Customs do a pre declaration for your instrument=
s=20
before leaving and carry the signed off form with you. If you have a problem=
,=20
the signature of the Customs inspector goes a long way.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I had my Shakuhachi go through the bomb sniffing machine, had an argume=
nt=20
with TSA about unwrapping it, they finally agreed to allow me to direct them=
 in=20
the unpacking of the instrument and finally playing it for them.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Kyosei</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>