Re: [Shaku] Sad News

From: Karl Signell <signell@umbc.edu>
Date: Mon Jul 12 2010 - 14:05:24 PDT

  I ordered a long flute from Tom a few years back because a friend had
a long flute from Tom that I liked. How much? Tom said to pay whatever I
liked. The flute was great but after a year or so I had to had to let it
go because of wrist problems that rebelled against the heavier weight.
Tom without complaint found a buyer for it, asked me how much I wanted
and the deal was concluded. He was one of a kind in this world. I'm glad
to have known him and happy to have such great memories of a fine
craftsman and a real mensh.

Karl Signell