Re: [Shaku] I stand corrected.

From: Peter Ross (peteross@cloudhandsmusic.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 13:48:21 PDT

>Hi Peter,
>
>Hey where is the humor on this list? Maybe we are all breathing our own air
>too long. But thanks for the feedback.
>
>Rob McNeil

Rob,

I'm actually known for my sense of humor (and grouchiness): see
archives. But, for some reason the term "shak" has always ticked me
off. So, I let you know. I'm not usually overly reverential either
about shakuhachi. I loved the shakuhachi stand up comedian at the
'98 Boulder Festival though some found him offensive. I don't know
what it is. Maybe it's because last night our gigantic 300 year old
Monkey Pod tree in Hawaii fell on and crushed our neighbors house and
truck and I didn't know if my insurance would cover it. Made me
grouchy. I just found out ten minutes ago that I'm completely
covered. I just drank two beers really fast and am typing this. I
suddenly feel more understanding.

If you're ever in Costa Rica stop by and I'll buy you a beer and you
can say "shak" 1,000 times in front of me, though I'll probably try
to get my dog to bite you.

Best regards,

Peter

--